The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Tampa)
- It’s never bad to be 3 and 0.
- The youngin’s looked much better than they did last week. Dobson and Thompkins were both getting open with regularity. Clutch catches and 3rd down conversions were a welcome sight. Only 1 drop from what I saw.
- Edelman continues to impress. Can he stay healthy with this much playing time. I also don’t want it to affect his punt return ability. He is a stud there and we can’t afford to lose that field position.
- Nice to see Bolden get some chances. He looked really good out there.
- Blount ran strong against his old team. He sucked up most of the time on the final drive by himself.
- The OL looked better but not great. They still need some time to get on track.
- The D continues to impress. We didn’t miss many tackles and I only saw 1 or 2 real bad breakdowns in coverage.
- Talib is a really good player and was in position on almost every play. He was out jumped for one reception and just missed another. He is a good player for us. The pick created 3 points.
- After the Talib pick, we ran the offence to perfection. Knowing we were at a 57 yard field goal attempt with 6 seconds on the clock, we couldn’t run a real play. The Brady sneak bought us another 4 yards to make it a much more manageable try. Tampa was completely confused.
- Nice to see Chandler Jones continuing from last year. He looks strong and fast.
- Great to hear that the other 50 signed a 3 year extension to stay with us for a while. Not a bad scrap heap pickup.
- The fake double handoff to the screen was a brilliant design. Wonderful fakes and great blocking.
- Hooman’s effort to get the first down was outstanding. He’s not the most gifted athlete but he is a dependable player, especially in the H-back position as a blocker.
- 51 games with a TD pass for Brady. I’d like to see him get the record.
- We need Washington to get healthy as I can’t take Blount to much more. We don’t need a plodder back there. We need someone with some speed. Could Bolden take over as he has some burst. He was back there but as the up back.
- TB missed a couple of wide open guys. He forced the ball to a double covered Sudfeld when both Edelman and Dobson were wide open deep after the play fake. Would have been an easy 7. He also missed a wide open Dobson in the end zone by throwing it ahead and to the ground. The pick in the end zone was terrible. Don’t know where he was going on that one. Not his greatest game by far.
- We certainly didn’t start the game out well on O. Three consecutive series with a punt.
- Why did we go for it on 4th and 6 with 4 minutes to go? Take the FG and get the extra points. Yes we were up 3 scores but you never know in this league.
- The league needs to get rid of kickoffs. They don’t serve any purpose when most go through the end zone. Place the ball at the 20 and call it good. My son’s suggestion was to make it a penalty to kick it out of the back of the end zone. That would work too.
- Forgot to mention this last week. If anyone was watching the FOX games but in the middle of the Washington game, the ticker got screwed up and started calling everyone Griffin. Payton Griffin, Ray Griffin, Arian Griffin. That lasted about a couple of minutes then they took the ticker down completely.